Watch Your Life Bloom

Welcome to the Official Blog of Author Dr. Lily L. Ratliff Jenkins, of the inspirational Memoir, The Life of a Lily: Growing in His Strength, Blooming in His Love, and many other writings.

Thanks for coming by to sit awhile and reflecting along with me on everything biblical. On this blog, feel free to share your thoughts and feelings about the various topics I present. They all do come from the heart and are meant for us to ponder, be enlightened, laugh, cry, and ultimately give God all of the praise.

You will hopefully find resources on everything from writing tips to creating your own memoir, how to journal, becoming better Christians and how to walk in your callings, destinies, and witty inventions that we have deep inside of us but sometimes don't quite know how to tap into and walk in. But GOD! It is in his wisdom along with an open mind that we will get through this together. Amen! So I welcome you my brothers and sisters!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Special Day



Hello everyone. Today marks my 35th birthday! Wow it just seemed like yesterday that I was knee high to a grasshopper, eating mud pies in the front yard, running and playing tackle football with the boys and having an all out good time, just being a kid with my cousins from Florida. I miss those times. Even though some of it was filled with confusion and hopelessness of ever truly getting the love I wanted from some of my family members, I can honestly say I did have somewhat of a good childhood. But there are many children that do not get that chance. Many of them have to grow up and be adults long before the rightful age of 18 because of death, or parents are addicted to drugs, or other unfortunate circumstances that makes them have to make some pretty hefty decisions in order to survive.

Right at this moment, I am down with a cold, have had laryngitis for the past four days, and in bed, praying that I have a full recovery soon. Which I know my God in Heaven hears me and is working it out---I already have the victory! Amen! However, there are those who did not and could not wake up this morning to claim a new start to a new day.

God I'm thankful for another birthday. A beautiful day outside, the birds are chirping, the weather is gorgeous, and I can see all of this, even if it means from the confinement of my bedroom window. I thank you. Give everyday that you live, a day that you say thank you for living! Thank Him in the good times and the bad. Thank Him when you don't feel like it. And thank Him when everything is peachy-keen. Why? Because tomorrow is not promised. We must live for today. If He never did another thing for us, it's alright because He already gave His ultimate sacrifice, His only begotten Son-Jesus!

Do you know that there are 71 verses that constantly admonishes us to give THANKS? It's when we give thanks and praise to God that we will be blessed, healed, delivered, set free, our harvest comes, the will of God over our lives are made manifested, etc. Instead of moaning (I'll admit I tried to do that today), complaining, and being pitiful over our circumstances, we should be thankful for what we do have, what God has brought us out of, and claim the victory which is already ours! Thank you Jesus!

It says in 1 Chronicles 16:34: O give thanks unto the LORD; for [he is] good; for his mercy [endureth] for ever. In Psalms 140:13, it states, "Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence." I want to dwell in His presence. The presence of God will begin to overtake you as you get deep into praise and worship of Him.

I also like this scripture--2 Thessalonians 2:13-14: But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We are bound or obligated to praise and give thanks to God, because He chose us--we didn't choose Him. He chose us for salvation and we in turn should go out and share that same Gospel to others who may not be saved. That is something to praise God about! Hallelujah!

So to God, I thank you! I love you for who you are to me! You're my everything! And to all of my friends and subscribers who have chosen to read my messages and blog posts because it inspires and encourages you, I thank and love you as well! Everyone be blessed on this day! It's a special day in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin