Watch Your Life Bloom

Welcome to the Official Blog of Author Dr. Lily L. Ratliff Jenkins, of the inspirational Memoir, The Life of a Lily: Growing in His Strength, Blooming in His Love, and many other writings.

Thanks for coming by to sit awhile and reflecting along with me on everything biblical. On this blog, feel free to share your thoughts and feelings about the various topics I present. They all do come from the heart and are meant for us to ponder, be enlightened, laugh, cry, and ultimately give God all of the praise.

You will hopefully find resources on everything from writing tips to creating your own memoir, how to journal, becoming better Christians and how to walk in your callings, destinies, and witty inventions that we have deep inside of us but sometimes don't quite know how to tap into and walk in. But GOD! It is in his wisdom along with an open mind that we will get through this together. Amen! So I welcome you my brothers and sisters!

Friday, October 31, 2008

Cry out to the Lord

Many times I have told the Lord my cares, hurt and pains. It seems like my world around me is caving in. Financially it seems like I have more bills than money and can’t afford to feed my family. My dearest family member’s health is fading and need a healing touch. And even though I give my last to you Lord sacrificially, I still feel sometimes that my change won’t come soon enough. Gas is high, my husband just got laid off from his job of twenty years, and we are down to scraps in the refrigerator. Lord I need you NOW!

How many of you feel this way? We all have cried out to God in desperation at some time or another. I have been one of those that felt hopeless and depressed through trials and tragedy. But I tell you, once you tap into the power of God, and learn of Him in a mighty way, your change starts to take shape.

Recently, I’ve asked God for several things to happen in my life, personally and professionally. I did indeed feel that after all of the promoting of my book, travels to and fro various destinations, and investing into different marketing materials, I had come to a dead halt in everything financially. Personally, I had moved to Atlanta for the increase in pay as an educator, and a brand new home (Thanks to God). But then after a few months of really diving into the business as an author and writer, my business became personal as I reached into my personal funds to cover my writing expenses. Many authors have done that a time or two, expecially if they didn’t have a solid business plan, (which I’ve learned now how to do).

So I began to have more bills than money. My daughter needed things that I couldn’t always provide right away. Then she had a severe growth of fungus that occurred on her head that I thought she would not be able to fully heal from. But God! After crying out to God (many of you have been praying for her), seeking God’s face and his ever working healing power, not only was my daughter healed, but my finances started to increase. After taking Asia back and forth to the doctor and losing personal and sick time in the process, I should have had less money in my check that would have severely affected me and my bills for the month. But even with those monies docked from my pay, I still had over $500.00 more in my check this month!!! To top it off, my check next month will be even more than that! My God! Hallelujah! God knew what I needed and came through like he has always come through!

Saints, when your back is up against the wall, and you feel like all hope is gone, God shows up mightily in your life. But you have to believe and trust that He can do it!

Of course, there’s other things that I’m looking for God to do, and when He does, I will give you that praise report as well! Magnify the Lord with me; let us exalt His name together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin