Watch Your Life Bloom

Welcome to the Official Blog of Author Dr. Lily L. Ratliff Jenkins, of the inspirational Memoir, The Life of a Lily: Growing in His Strength, Blooming in His Love, and many other writings.

Thanks for coming by to sit awhile and reflecting along with me on everything biblical. On this blog, feel free to share your thoughts and feelings about the various topics I present. They all do come from the heart and are meant for us to ponder, be enlightened, laugh, cry, and ultimately give God all of the praise.

You will hopefully find resources on everything from writing tips to creating your own memoir, how to journal, becoming better Christians and how to walk in your callings, destinies, and witty inventions that we have deep inside of us but sometimes don't quite know how to tap into and walk in. But GOD! It is in his wisdom along with an open mind that we will get through this together. Amen! So I welcome you my brothers and sisters!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

My baby is growing up! Awwwh!

Asia and Mommy

Asia and Mommy

I never thought I’d say that I would be sad about my baby’s first day of Kindergarten. But guys, I’ve got to tell you I was. Yes, that smile of ours above marked the start to her ongoing education for years to come, but deep inside when I left her on last Monday, I cried inside. If you know anything about Asia and I, you would know that we’ve been through some things. But all in all, it’s been together. Asia, now five year’s old, is a beautiful and strong little girl, with so much wisdom for such a small, compact, once pre-mature little angel. The times we’ve shared over the years I can not get back, but I look forward to what’s ahead. Friends, please pray my strength. She’s my baby and she’s growing up! I love her dearly and pray nothing but blessings over her life in the mighty name of Jesus! This truly starts the first day of the rest of her life!

Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way she should go: and when she is old, she will not depart from it” (italics and emphasis mine). Lord I ask that you help me to do just that all the days of my life. May she be blessed, prosperous, and remembered in the land as having a right standing with you and an example for others. May she bear children, that will follow in her footsteps as Kings and Queens of the Most High God! I thank you for the opportunity to bear her deep within my womb-at a time I never thought I would be able to. For that I am grateful. I pray protection, strength, and love to ever rest, rule, and abide over her life. Her friends and family will honor her, and her enemies will call her blessed! Hallelujah! I praise you Jesus this day and forevermore. Amen.

Asia near her classroom

Asia near her classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin