Watch Your Life Bloom

Welcome to the Official Blog of Author Dr. Lily L. Ratliff Jenkins, of the inspirational Memoir, The Life of a Lily: Growing in His Strength, Blooming in His Love, and many other writings.

Thanks for coming by to sit awhile and reflecting along with me on everything biblical. On this blog, feel free to share your thoughts and feelings about the various topics I present. They all do come from the heart and are meant for us to ponder, be enlightened, laugh, cry, and ultimately give God all of the praise.

You will hopefully find resources on everything from writing tips to creating your own memoir, how to journal, becoming better Christians and how to walk in your callings, destinies, and witty inventions that we have deep inside of us but sometimes don't quite know how to tap into and walk in. But GOD! It is in his wisdom along with an open mind that we will get through this together. Amen! So I welcome you my brothers and sisters!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Am a Changed Woman!

Last Sunday’s service at Changing a Generation Ministries (Greater St. Stephen Full Gospel Baptist Church) with Co-Pastor Debra Morton as Founder and Host of the event, marked confirmation to me about what God is consistently doing in my life. When my book, The Life of a Lily was shipped to my door two weeks before Christmas last year, I felt as release deep within my spirit like never before. I also heard God tell me, “Now is the time. You are renewed in the spirit of God. I have released you to spread my message. Your life will be your purpose!” Hallelujah!

The sermon during the service was entitled, “Diary of a Changed Woman!” Over the last week, Pastors, Elders and Speakers have come to share the message that “I Know I’ve Been Changed.” Your past just set you up for the glory-your destiny-and your purpose! Pastor Fran Love from Greater Antioch Church of Love in Louisana gave a powerful, spirit-filled word on Luke 13:10-13 which says:

“And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. And, Behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.”

Eighteen years, this woman could not bend over. Eighteen years this woman was ostracized, isolated, shunned, and disgraced. No one noticed her for eighteen years. And this man, we call Jesus, the son of God, a man who gravitated towards ones that no one else cared for, stopped teaching and called to her to come to him. My God!! Don’t think for one minute that what Jesus had been teaching wasn’t important, for everything that comes out of the mouth of God is worthy to be heard and adored! But He looked beyond her physical ailment and focused on her heart. What a powerful sentiment to the wonderful God we serve!

When He laid His hands upon her, instantly she was healed, set free and delivered! She was changed! So too, are we changed. All of the bondage have been broken, the chains have been loosed, and we can walk in victory! I thank God that He does not judge me for my past, for I am a new woman! The former things are gone away, behold all things become new! That word was for me! Every incident, every broken promise, the neglect and abandonment, has changed into love unspeakable, peace overflowing, and compassion for others who are where I once was. There is hope! Thanks to God Almighty! Praise You Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. I love this story. A lot of us have been through this process. God takes us there so we can be a witness to Him and His word. Once you have been through something you are supposed to not judge, have understanding and unconditional love. Why? Because these are the things that God gave us. We must all come together on one accord for God and His people. God delievered us so we can help others get delievered.

    Once again I thank you for all that you are doing. Have a safe and blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin