Watch Your Life Bloom

Welcome to the Official Blog of Author Dr. Lily L. Ratliff Jenkins, of the inspirational Memoir, The Life of a Lily: Growing in His Strength, Blooming in His Love, and many other writings.

Thanks for coming by to sit awhile and reflecting along with me on everything biblical. On this blog, feel free to share your thoughts and feelings about the various topics I present. They all do come from the heart and are meant for us to ponder, be enlightened, laugh, cry, and ultimately give God all of the praise.

You will hopefully find resources on everything from writing tips to creating your own memoir, how to journal, becoming better Christians and how to walk in your callings, destinies, and witty inventions that we have deep inside of us but sometimes don't quite know how to tap into and walk in. But GOD! It is in his wisdom along with an open mind that we will get through this together. Amen! So I welcome you my brothers and sisters!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Get Your Inheritance

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins (Colossians 1: 12-14 KJV).




Too many times in our lives, we have committed wrongdoing, been subjected to shame, intimidation, and utter despair, all because we felt that we didn't deserve to be loved by God. We consistently do what the Apostle Paul wrote to the Romans:

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me (Romans 7:19-20).

We constantly remind ourselves through our actions that we were born in sin, and shaped in iniquity. However, God chose us (we didn't choose Him) from the foundations of the world, to be used for His glory! Even in our mess, He still has a plan for us. It's amazing how we always want to beat ourselves up for the things we have done.

When God chose us---after we realized who God was in our lives, we came into the knowledge of Him and we finally accepted Him as Lord over our lives to receive His salvation, He immediately clothed us in righteousness. We were forgiven from all of our sins, washed by the blood of the lamb, and positioned for all of the wealth, riches, and inheritance, including His grace and mercy. The word says we are heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Jesus Christ! So we are positioned for our heavenly reward! Thanks be to God!

But not only that, God wants to bless you right now! However, what we say out of our mouths will be the determining factor as to what kind of blessings we will receive, if any at all. The word says in Colossians that if we continue to walk worthy of the Lord and be fruitful in all we put our hands to, while increasing our knowledge of the Lord (the word), He will give us power from on high to endure the tests and trials that we face. We are to do it joyfully, never doubting, worrying or wavering, because we are already delivered from the hands of the evil one (Satan). We have been transferred from darkness into the light! Amen! We have been redeemed! So get your inheritance! Everything that the devil has stolen from you--say STOP, NO MORE!

Satan does not have a right to your children--say STOP, NO MORE! He has no authority over your finances--say STOP, NO MORE! If you are wanting a new job, declare that it is so, and say to the devil, STOP, NO MORE! We are partakers of the divine inheritance!



Psalm 112:3: Wealth and riches [shall be] in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever.

Ecclesiastes 5:19: Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this [is] the gift of God.

So stop thinking negative of yourself and your situation. God loves you! You are His! He calls us His friend. Don't you know He will always take care of what's His! So, what are you declaring out of your mouth?

In His Love,

1 comment:

  1. I thank you for this very powerful message. I know that God is so good and that He keeps me. I know that all that I desire is here. I just needed to be reminded that God has this. I have the victory over my enemies. This I know. I also know that everything that was taken from me is coming back an hundred fold. God knew that I needed to read this today. I thank you so much for your gift of writing and your open ear to God. You bless us so much. I pray that all that you desire this day God will bring it to you in an over flow. Once again thank you and have a safe and blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin