Watch Your Life Bloom

Welcome to the Official Blog of Author Dr. Lily L. Ratliff Jenkins, of the inspirational Memoir, The Life of a Lily: Growing in His Strength, Blooming in His Love, and many other writings.

Thanks for coming by to sit awhile and reflecting along with me on everything biblical. On this blog, feel free to share your thoughts and feelings about the various topics I present. They all do come from the heart and are meant for us to ponder, be enlightened, laugh, cry, and ultimately give God all of the praise.

You will hopefully find resources on everything from writing tips to creating your own memoir, how to journal, becoming better Christians and how to walk in your callings, destinies, and witty inventions that we have deep inside of us but sometimes don't quite know how to tap into and walk in. But GOD! It is in his wisdom along with an open mind that we will get through this together. Amen! So I welcome you my brothers and sisters!

Friday, June 27, 2008

White Lillies

On InspirationalArchive.com, I had the opportunity to run across this post from Carol Barrett about her intrepretation through God, about White Lillies. Here, she shares her story….

I just had to share this story with you all. I’ve had a tough year with my son Michael’s illness and the ongoing breast cancer battle my sister Shirley is struggling with. There have been times when it has been difficult but I’ve managed to press on.

This past Tuesday I took the day off from work to take Michael to the doctor and take care of some other personal business of my own. While waiting for Michael’s appointment to arrive I decided to mow the lawn. When Tom and I moved into our house a little over a year and a half ago I noticed immediately that there were no flowers on the property just a lot of shrubs, bushes and trees. After mowing the back lawn I naturally mowed the front lawn and then proceeded to take the mower to the back yard again to put it away. As I approached my back yard I noticed a single beautiful white lilly plant growing along the back fence. I knew immediately it was a sign. I put the mower away and ran upstairs to my computer. I googled “white lillies” and there it was. White lillies are a sign of hope and life. Wow, God is good.

So I send to you today white lillies.

Carol Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin